Tuesday, November 7, 2017

snapshot of October

Here we are in November.  And, here is a look at some of the things that happened in October through the eyes of my phone.
Cale got in to the All-Region Junior High Band.  Pretty good for a 7th grade French horn player.  He follows in his brother's footstep as Marcus was in this same band last year as an 8th grader.  He will have a day of practice and then a concert the next day.

One last pumpkin patch field trip for Kinley and me.  The weather was cold and drizzly.  I was not sad to wrap up this trip and go to the golden arches for lunch.

For fun, I ordered blood typing kits for anyone who wanted to do it.  Namely, the boys.  They were all game to this and the results came back:  Marcus A-, Cale and Ewan A+ and Liam AB+.  None of that standard O+ blood for this house of gingers.

Liam and I like to have sleeping contests after I get home from a night of work.  Guess who wins?

Over fall break, we got to see our friends and Kella and Emma started working on their Christmas lists.  One thing on Kella's list: she wants to dye her hair-half purple and half black.  Andy says that girl has seen too many super hero shows.

I hauled the troops to IKEA.  Mostly cause I hate myself and I like to go shopping with 6 distractions.  Tactical error on my part, we got there at lunch time and I had some very hangry children until we got to the food court-halfway through the store, no less.

Winter is coming.

Winter is still coming.  Honestly, does anyone really buy the fur or is it there for a Game of Thrones pic?

Almost done shopping...

Making great use of some nice weather-the sandbox becomes the ocean front and I get to imagine what our next water bill will be.  Fun fact: everyone playing in the sandbox in this pic is over the age of 11.

Cale got braces.  This means 2 of the boys now have metal mouths (Ewan) and Liam will get an expander placed in November so we will be sending all our extra money to the orthodontist.  (Just kidding.  But, dang.)

We put the missus in karate.  She pretty much knows all the stuff anyway, because she has been around karate with her brothers since she was born.  So, why not make it official.  She has already leveled up to a yellow striped belt.  And, it's super cute to see such a little karate gi.

Oh, the love of siblings....

Halloween prep:  Kella as a 3 headed dog.

Liam Potter

Kitty Kinley
I have a couple more pics on my actual camera that I will actually share when I actually get a longer chance to sit at the computer.  Let's just say we had a good candy haul, I overbought for the trick-or-treaters, and we have no self-control or discipline with regards to how much candy to eat.  I guess that makes the candy not last as long in the long run.

Many days my time is spend playing with Kinley.  She likes to change the dolls outfits like they are teenagers and serve them tea.  I try to get them to sing Broadway show tunes (Empty Chairs at Empty Tables, The Story of Tonight).  Mostly I get shot down.  Tea parties are very serious here.

A full October here for the gingers.

No comments: