Friday, December 4, 2015

A few Saturdays past we learned to use our sewing machine

Grammy Pammy came to visit and taught us how to use my birthday/Christmas present sewing machine.  Really, she came to see the kids, but I like to think she was excited to give a hands-on lesson in sewing machine operating.
I started out with doing some pillow forms with fabric that I bought pre-cut since I needed practice sewing in straight lines.  I think I got the hang of it.  Then, the boys heard the sewing noise and came to investigate.  Everyone wanted a turn helping sew.  We ended up making 2 pillows and 2 rice heating pads.  We even had enough rice in the pantry to fill one of the heat pads.

These colors are cute.  Now I need to get some filling for them.  And, more fabric.  I'm thinking I could replace all my couch throw pillows with these.

Kella spend her time during the sewing lessons by creating a habitat for her frog.


Liam got a turn, too.

Marcus, modeling the heat pack. The pack heated up nicely in the microwave.  Guess what the kids fought over the rest of the day/night?  Right.

Glasses selfie.

Probably the sweetest thing I heard one of my kids say (Cale), was that he thought his teacher would really like one for Christmas.  Of course, we will be making more heat packs.




No comments: