Thursday, July 4, 2013

One day more

I'm feeling like a grump today. Andy's been gone for almost a week and I have been going it solo vs the kiddos. It's been okay. We've had some good times: swim lessons, karate, got to church on Sunday, managed to make a run to Walmart, got to the library, 4th of July parade, strawberry shortcake, banana splits.  I've managed to keep the kids fed and in clean clothing. The house is not a total disaster. I think I've gotten between 4 & 5 hours of sleep each night. Just not in a row. The kids have been pretty good. Marcus has been a great, if somewhat reluctant helper at times. Ewan has been very attentive to the baby, bouncing her on her chair to calm her down. Cale has been very helpful, too. Everything's starting to catch up, though, and I'm ready for my helpmate to come back.  Ready to hand Kinley off to her daddy so I can put the house in order, fold some laundry and perhaps prepare a meal without Kinley crying because she isn't being held. One more night. One more day. Andy should be home tomorrow night. I don't know who will be happiest: me, Andy or the kids. 

No comments: