Saturday, January 12, 2013

What a difference one day makes! Snow!

The exciting news the day after Christmas was the "blizzard" that we experienced.  The news was all over this event with coverage lasting all day the pre-empted any other television show.  It started late Christmas night with blowing, cold wind.  Then the snow came with some white-out conditions.  Lucky for me, I was called off from my shift to work that night and got to stay home snuggled in my electric blanket.  The next day, the kids got to go outside and have some fun.  I have to say that I'm pretty sure we only got, like, 3-4 inches in this "blizzard".  The worst part for people was probably that the road crews couldn't keep up with the road initially, what with all the blowing and everything.  The funny thing is, on Friday of that week, we got another good 5-6 inches of snow that fell overnight. I was at work for that.  The news wasn't quite as excited that day...
pulled out the sleds 




Made a snowman

Mr. Orange and the Anna Kitty took advantage of the fireplace being on

A couple games of GUBS rounded out the evening

No comments: