Monday, November 28, 2011

having some Thanskgiving

My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is the chance to plan a big meal. I don't like turkey, or ham or pumpkin pie. I pretty much gorge myself on sides.  This year we had 2 meals.  The first meal was on Thanksgiving. Grammy Linda, Grandpa Jerry, Chris, Kim and the girls all came over.  What can I say?  We are a cool family to visit.  Andy deep fried the turkey, Linda brought some noodles (and the turkey), Kim brought the pies and we had mashed potatoes, stuffing, glazed carrots, broccoli, rolls, a spinach cranberry salad and a cranberry jello dessert.  There was plenty of food and plenty of leftovers to make another meal.  But the best part was that we all got to visit and the cousins got to play together.  It stunk that I had to leave the fun for work that evening, but everyone hung around until Friday so I got to see them then, too.
the cousins' table-our picnic table from outside

the grown-up table-I busted out our nice china and some of our crystal for the meal



turkey induced sleepy

Grammy and Kella

It's getting harder to fit the cousins on the couch.  The girls all wanted to hold Kella.

with Aunt Kim

I love to get photos of the "C" cousins-Cassie and Cale-together.  They are only 6 months apart.

Liam has a new fun game-blast off!.  This chair is a rocket ship into space.

It was crazy and loud, but so much fun!  I'm thankful that we were able to get together.

No comments: