Wednesday, June 3, 2009

healthy foods

Two of the questions Marcus asks a lot is "is (fill-in-blank with a food) healthy?" or, "does (whatever) have sugar in it?" I think these come from his YMCA sports and the little lessons they get @ each practice about healthy choices. Today, on the way home from Heritage, we stopped to get some good old McDonald's. I was asking the boys what each of them wanted to drink. Marcus and Ewan both wanted white milk and Cale wanted chocolate milk. Marcus asked is chocolate milk had sugar in it. I told him it had a little, but milk was still a good thing to drink. Well, Marcus started crying (!?). I said "Marcus you can have choc. milk too, if you want." Marcus, still sobbing, "I want Cale to have a healthy drink! Chocolate milk is not healthy!" I could not convince him that it was going to be okay that Cale had picked choc. milk to drink. Oh, he eventually calmed down. I think part of what made him upset was that he was tired and hungry-food fixed that. Marcus didn't ask about the carmel dip that came with his apples. If he only knew :-)

No comments: