Thursday, March 26, 2009

30 days and counting

Well, there's not much time before the next member of the family decides to show his face. I wonder if folks are wondering how the pregnancy is going and how we're doing? So...
1. I feel pretty huge. But, I'm carrying this baby all in front (just like the others). So, even though it looks like I might be past due, I promise, I measure the right amount of weeks @ the doctor
2. who will now see me every week starting next Monday. This has been another easy pregnancy. I feel sorry for the moms I know who experience morning sickness and other not fun prego stuff. Working has even been okay. I like to say "I'm part irish, I was meant to work hard and have babies." :-)
3. I kind of failed my 1 hour blood glucose test, and then did not pass my 3 hour fasting blood glucose test. This bought me a seat @ a gestational diabetes class=I have to try to remember to take my blood sugar 4 times a day and eat a diet low in carbs and higher in protein. My new mantra="vegetables are free" I get to eat as many of those as I want.
4. Thanks to my new "diet", my face is less puffy and someone told me that I was the only person they knew who looked like they lost weight during their pregnancy.
5. I am in the mood now to throw lots of stuff away. I've also started to paint the bedroom formally known as the "pink bedroom"(it was) a nice blue color with a strip of brown @ the top (pictures when done)
6. The boys know the baby's coming. I don't think it will upset their routine too much. Ewan might be the one most put out by the new guy, but he loves babies, we might be surprised.
7. Someone @ church said "I think it would be a big surprise if this baby didn't have red hair like the others." I said, "I think it would be a bigger surprise if this baby were a girl!"
There's my update and the one belly shot I will post. Have a great day everyone!

No comments: