Tuesday, January 13, 2009

back into the swing of things

Over Christmas break we "rediscovered" the YMCA. Really, this means I actually step foot into the Y for the first time since we joined in Oct/Nov-I can't even remember. This motivated me to sign the boys up for some kind of lesson again. We did this before when we lived in Kokomo. I was pretty good about signing them up for swim lessons and making sure we we always in a class. Well, I got lazy, or busy, and they haven't been in anything for a while (a year?).

I decided to sign Marcus and Cale up each for a sport since I cannot bring myself to think of swim lessons in the winter (at least not this one). Being the "good" mommy, I gave them the choice of basketball or soccer. Being little individuals, they each picked a different sport, Marcus-basketball, Cale-soccer. And, they're at the same time in different locations at the (as I like to say) un-holy hour of 9am (this is why I work nights). Andy and I will split up and take one kid apiece to their sport. It should be fun. I'm excited to see how they pick up the games, having never really had "lessons" before. And, it will be good for us to have a scheduled event to go to each week. I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures. Practices start Saturday!

No comments: